Saturday, August 29, 2009

Two days, So Sorry! HOTTT!

I really can not tell you everything that I have been doing for the last few days, so it doesn't seem like a lot but it has!

Friday was a great day to sleep in, which on a side note I have not been sleeping well... I'm not really sure why, I am generally a really great sleeper! Anyway...

I got up a little later on friday i dont really know what time I think it was 9 am which isnt really that late i know but Im not a huge sleep in person, but the more I am in school the later I stay up so maybe i will be a sleeper inner soon!

I had to go meet Erica and Katy both MFA stage managers to make copies for our auditions. On my way i was going to stop by Judy Ryerson (professor, costume designer) and ask her a couple questions, mind you its 400 degrees outside and I am burning up, well i go to the Judy Bayley theatre (our big theatre) where the costume shop is, she is not there... they say she is in the design studio, a different building with two smaller theatres in it, so i sweat my way over there, nope she is not there whatever i have to go meet the other SM's anyway, as I am leaving the building, Shannon (my advisor) calls and asks what I am doing next week...

Now just a moment to interlude my thoughts here when your professor and or advisor asks what are you doing next week, what is the correct response. So what did i do????

I laughed out load, then she laughed. (then awkward moment) Well she wanted to know if i would stage manage a special benefit show for her next week. I said sure, she said they would pay me and I said why not! So off i went to her office to get the details, did i mention it was HOTTTTT in vegas on friday, not just hot, like devil's armpit hot. seriously i would rather have been in the kitchen during thanksgiving cooking, much cooler. anyway, details on this show are slim, so i sent an email to the producer to get some info... Linda Eder is coming i do know that, but thats about it.

Made copies for auditions, blah blah blah, had to go to a production meeting, and let me just say it was interesting, more on that later i would suppose, but to many eyes here... oh by the way the meeting was back up in the building on the edge of campus, and it is HOTTT!

After the meeting Erica had to get some things for company and we walked all over campus, no you do not understand ALL OVER CAMPUS! and mother of pearl it was HOT! we were going to go get lunch after but it was so hot that all you could think of was a jamba juice that sounded good, and for the love it was awesome... Erica Said it best "i want to dive in my jamba juice and swim around its that hot" anyway, we sat in ericas office for an hour and cooled, down, called ashlee (another SM) and met her at the Alumni center. where we decided to go to olive garden, and MAN IT WAS GOOD, i had been really good all day, and decided what the hell, just cheat, so i did, and in the end it wasnt that cheating, had some bread sticks, chicken with pasta only i didnt even want the pasta and so i didnt eat it, and tons of salad! oh yeah and some cheese dip.... anyway it was worth it, STILL HOT!

I got home and spent the night making a schedule for this show that is next week, its exciting, its a lot of hours, and a lot going on but it is going to be so fun, and it is right where i want to be! still no official word from the producer other then an email with his schedule which i promptly turned into a nice very nice excel spread sheet! with colors! LOVE IT! got ready for auditions and turned in, still didnt sleep well.

This morning had to be to auditions at 8:30 (HOT), and it went all day, schedules got off, time ran behind, crowds where big, it was long, and hard, but man oh man it went well. I can not even tell you how well the group of us stage managers worked together, i got home at 5:30 and all i wanted to do was eat a lot of fat and watch a movie cuddled on the couch! I DIDNT dont worry! (HOT) (HOT) (HOT)

I ate some chicken nuts cheese, couple grapes, it was a good meal. But then right back to work on Call Backs for tomorrow. I have every form you could want, broken down by person, character, i mean if you want it and I dont have it, it will be shocking!!! my Directors name is Josh, and I think its going to be a great expereince. Our writer was there as well and she is great! But with that said four shows are casting from the same talent pool and so as Kenn put it today we will be playing "kickball" (you know that awkward moment in grade school where you all stand in a line and wait to be picked, and one team always gets to go first and they always get the best) anyway we are going to be casting monday night, however My benefit show rehearses then, Did i mention how excited i am about this benefit show, I hope I can pull it off and keep everyone happy, on time, and getting everything they need!

So that brings me to right this minute still hot (they say it will start cooling down in september, believe that when i see it) where i knew I had to sit down and write about this all or i never would, one day this is going to be an awesome journal im sure of it!

Im off to bed! Just can't wait to start tomorrow! ( I know im a total geek, but i am in my element) by the way one day you should ask me about the compliment i got today! IT was great!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating...wow you've been busy...and HOT! So glad everything's going good for you. You deserve only the best! I'll be the first to ask, but I want to hear the compliment. I'm sure you deserved it too!
    -Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was ridiculously hot on Friday. We might be in hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon!! You know what? I can't sleep when it's too hot. Maybe that's it? Maybe it's your new bed? Maybe you need a little nyquil ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete