Monday, August 24, 2009

Today was a really great day!

Let me just say, my first day back to school was a great day.

Let me just say how interesting it is to be back in school, I'm 28, seriously 28, And I'm back in school. My two classes on mon-wed right now are Stage Management and Directing. Both of which are going to be good classes, I felt like i was going to my first day of High school again today, I am not sure why i was so freaked out, but alas, I met up with Katy (1st year stage manager) and we walked to class together today. We got lost together, then found the class in BFE! Well Stage Management one is meant for Under grads getting a theatre degree, So lets just say that Katy and I are going to be very bored for some of that class, but I suppose a refresher never hurts anyone... My second class was Directing, with Michael Tylo, Great guy, seems like its going to be a great class, where I will learn a new prospective on theatre and directing. After class i came home read my chapters for Wednesdays class then went back to Meet with Team Awesome (the 6 MFA stage managers) and Shannon, and It was a great meeting.

I must say I got dressed today in my skinniest pair of pants that I have worn in forever, seriously I don't remember even in high school having this small of pants! Well it was a great moment for me, Seriously I have been going through some life changing moments in the last few months of my life but the biggest was getting my self confidence back by loosing over 100 pounds to date! Seriously, I look back and think there is no way that I had did that, and To be honest it hasn't been the most terrible thing I have ever done! I mean I have made good choices and bad choices and there has been times I had to deprive myself of things but it really has been a great life changing experience. Losing this weight has given me the courage to step out of my comfort zone and get involved in other things like the minor thing of getting my MFA! I thought that after losing this weight I had gotten over my fear of eating in front of people, but that is no so. last Friday at the grad welcome party, I could not bring myself to eat, There was no way I was walking over there and eating! Seriously the oddest thing in the world, but life goes on, and it helped me not cheat ;-)

I got to talk to all of my favorite people today, Princess and I can talk for hours and every time it makes me happy! Halee who got a new puppy (what is she thinking) and Tara who booked our concert tickets (I GET TO SEE TARA IN JUST OVER A WEEK) and to top it all off, my Mom called and they were booking tickets to come out and see me! So I think they will be spending Thanksgiving here in Vegas with me, and my Grandma and Grandpa will be coming too! How exciting!

Well my first official job as stage manager starts this weekend with auditions for the first show i am SM'ing called "Whales, Save Us!" Should be a great experience I am excited to get started, I have done everything I can to get ready, Hope i don't seem to anxious to everyone I just really want to get to what I'm here for and hopefully do it well!


1 comment:

  1. Yippee!! It works! I can finally post a comment! If you felt weird going back to school, I felt weird worrying about you all day! I was so glad I got to talk "live" and hear all about your day. I am SO proud of YOU!

    ReplyDelete